Does walking into a networking event feel like you’re walking into your first junior high school dance?
Drop your networking reluctance and transform yourself into a Cool Connector
How much could networking add to your net worth? Could word of mouth add dollar signs to your bottom line?
For most entrepreneurs, the answer is a resounding YES!
So why are those same entrepreneurs so reluctant to attend a networking event — the start of many powerful and profitable connections?
You know you need to attend those business gatherings, but you just can’t seem to force yourself to go?
There are three reasons you might feel networking reluctance…
1. You feel like it’s a complete waste of time. After all you’ve attended many of these gatherings in the past and you have nothing to show for it.
2. You feel like everyone there is a phony who just wanted to sell their product to you.
3. Making conversation with a bunch of strangers is right on the level with root canal in your “things I like to do” list.
After listening to this in-depth, three-part program you will have the tools you need to show up at any networking event.
First, you’ll determine where and when you should be networking toachieve the results you’re seeking.
Next, you’ll learn what to expect when you walk through the door and how to position yourself as the person to know.
Finally, you’ll learn the conversational techniques that will make the job of connecting at the event a lot more fun and effective.
Over the length of this course, you will…
- Learn how to get out of your own way by fighting the five negative networking attitudes.
- Improve your potential profit by selecting the right events.
- Create a networking toolkit that will have you walking through the door with confidence.
- Position yourself to connect with one easy technique.
- Be efficient and effective by following the timeline for before, during, and after the event.
- Learn to maximize your networking time during special networking activities and games.
- Avoid wasting your time and money in conversational pitfalls.
- Learn how to take the first step and break the ice with strangers
- Leave them wanting more (or just leave them) by breaking off the conversation gracefully.
And much more!
In addition, this three-part audio program — more than three hours of material — also includes worksheets for each section to help you really learn and internalize the tactics, techniques, and tips you’ll be listening to.
Meet Your Reluctant Networker Guide
Are you uncomfortable walking into a roomful of strangers and trying to sell yourself? Greg Peters understands. Before he started coaching individuals, training staff, and presenting to larger groups on how to build stronger, more profitable networks, he was a computer programmer by training — the original reluctant networker.
Over the course of fifteen years, through a lot of networking trial and error, Greg built a thriving Web development business. In that time he learned, developed, and refined the tricks, tactics, and techniques necessary to become a true networking professional. Now he helps entrepreneurs, job seekers, and sales professionals build their own web of connections to support them in lives of success and significance.
He is the author/creator of:
- Connections Quick Tips, Vol 1: 31 Ideas to Jump-Start Your Networking
- Connections Quick Tips, Vol 2: 31 More Ideas to Jump-Start Your Networking
- The Reluctant Networker Blog
- 52 Connection Tips weekly audio coaching program
Greg also contributes regularly to local radio and news outlets and presents to entrepreneurial, business, and higher education organizations and institutions.
Check Out What You’ll Learn
Your Calm, Cool, and Connected at the Networking Event program, Part-by-Part
From Networking Nerd to Cool Connector:
Proper Prep to Get You on the Profitable Path
In this section you will learn:
- What’s the best definition of networking and how it makes a difference in your behavior.
- The five negative networking mindsets, how they hurt you, and how to fight them.
- How to improve your profit by selecting the right events
- What details you need to know about the event before you show up.
- What you should have in your networking toolkit to prepare you for your best opportunities.
A Road Map to Event Success:
Learn the Twists, Turns, and Shortcuts at Any Event
In this section you will learn:
- To position yourself to connect with the Anti-Clique Technique
- How to be efficient and effective by following the timline for before, during, and after the event.
- The five major types of event and how to get the most out of each
- How to navigate the various activities and networking games to make the most of your time at the event.
Connection through Conversation:
Turning that First “Hello” into a Long-Term Relationship
In this section you will learn:
- How to avoid the conversational pitfalls that will do worse than waste your time.
- The tricks to taking the first step: How to break into a group and why and when
- Tactics to break the ice to make both of you more comfortable
- Techniques of making small talk that isn’t boring and useless
- How to exit the conversation gracefully
- The rogues gallery of negative networkers and how best to deal with each.
What are others saying about The Reluctant Networker programs?
“For a self-proclaimed ‘nerd’, Greg is a sensational person who happens to have a knack for putting others at ease with their fears and provides a steady approach for networking. I reccomend seeking Greg’s expertise if you have any hesitation at all regarding networking and speaking in public; his methods have greatly helped me get out of my own way.”
Rich Austin, Associate, Sandler Training Center – Ann Arbor
“Greg Peters is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic speaker. He captivates an audience with his humor and storytelling.”
Barbara Davenport, V.P. of Business Development, Ann Arbor / Ypsilanti Regional Chamber
“Greg works to achieve excellence in everything he does. In his latest venture, he finds a way to bring networking down to the non-sales type. For those of us that enjoy helping individuals, he has found a way for us to use that gift to grow our business without giving away the farm. He’s personable, sometime a little geeky, but always on the money when it comes to working a crowd and getting people to know you.”
Andrea Darden, AAMS
“Greg presented his “Networking Systems for Success & Significance” to our Michigan Chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and it was awesome! We all came away with information on how to avoid the three biggest mistakes at a networking event, as well as, ideas to make the networking meeting more enjoyable and the follow-up pay off faster than normal. Do not hesitate to bring Greg to your business/group. He has a captivating voice and wonderful personality that is fabulous.”
Angie Weid, Author and Professional Organizer
“I attended a workshop put on by Greg- the title, The Reluctant Networker, seemed directed RIGHT AT ME. After an hour and a half- Greg had me energized! I now have a plan, set realistic goals, and look forward to these opportunities! I no longer dread being “pulled into” events, but rather look forward to how they can help grow my business, and how I can help others! I strongly recommend Greg!”
Kevin Shell, VP of Marketing at Allied Construction
If this sounds like a great opportunity, click below and you will be on the way to feeling Calm, Cool, and Connected at your next Networking Event.